Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just call me paranoid

Okay, I am the world's biggest worrier.  Need something worried to death?  Just send it my way.  Here is the latest example:  Ben went to the mountains today with his uncle.  His uncle who just recently retired from the California Fire Department.  The man who has in the past taught CPR classes and has worked many, many accidents.  He knows how to take care of my son.  So, that's not the worry.  Here is the panic attack I had last night.  What if Ben wanders off while Bruce is cutting wood?  What if he goes too far and gets lost?  I was nearly in tears thinking about it.  So here's what I did this morning;  I gave Ben a cell phone and told him to put it in his pants pocket and leave it there.  Don't take it out at all costs.  My thought is that if he gets lost, eventhough there is no service up there, they can still find the phone.  If they can find the phone, they can find my son.  Then I sent him off with his uncle to go chop wood and shoot pellet guns.  

Later, while sitting at the McDonald's drive through my husband made me feel better.  While we were sitting there a sheriff went by, turned on his siren and lights and took off in the general direction of the mountains.  My first thought was that they had been in an accident.  My husband did too.  It's nice to know I am not the only paranoid one in this family.

4 comments:

Jill * Zane said...

I feel your pain, Suzanne! Must be ingrained in us nurturing women to worry, especially when it comes to our kids.

That Dorn Family! said...

Honestly, I wish it was just because of my kids. You know? I have a bottle of Xanax for my panic attacks. I don't take if often, but it is nice to have. They are worse for my kids, though?

Elizabeth said...

It sure is nice to know that I am not the only person who does this!-good idea about the cell phone though- I would never have thought of that. Good thing to remember for the time I send Mckyrie into the woods-she gets lost easily!

Bruce said...

Hey Suzanne.... I brought him back in one piece....he he he.
Did Ben show you his target? He was all proud of it.