Monday, October 27, 2008

Give me the horrible mom award...

Whenever Ben doesn't want to go to school his method is to say his stomach hurts.  He moans and groans and asks me to take his temperature.  This is a frequent morning fight at our house as Ben really just doesn't like school.  But I always win and off the school he goes.  Somehow he makes it through the day and comes home smiling because school CAN be fun.  This morning was no different.  He moaned and he groaned and off the school he went.  But here's where the difference comes in;  I got a phone call about an hour after I sent him off to school that he is throwing up.  So I scramble into mom mode, call a sub (who was already planning to sub for me this afternoon so I could go to court - another story) and 30 minutes later I am at the school picking my boy up.  The secretary, who is one the moms of my daughter's friends, small town, says that maybe now Ben can get some extra special treatment out of the guilt.  Actually, I brought him home and put him to work doing homework.  His teacher loaded up his backpack for him.  He did a little bit of homework and then went to sleep.  And threw up in his sleep.  It's going to be a long day....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh what a fun day you are going to have!!!

Bruce said...

Ahhhhhh Ben, That's just gross