Sunday, November 9, 2008
Wild, Wonderful, Wyoming
So ever since Jodie's last Ortho visit she has really complained about this one wire. Now, you have to understand, Jodie doesn't handle pain well. So, my answer was always "put some wax on it". Last night her cheek was swollen, but again, my answer was "put some wax on it". This afternoon she comes up from her room to tell me that she can't put wax on it. She shows it to me and her gum had actually grown over the wire! There was a nice little abscess to go along with it. So I call the emergency number and they tell us to bring her in. Now, remember I live in the middle of nowhere. We have a traveling Orthodontist who comes to the town about 30 miles away. But his main office is in Cody, an hour and a half away. So, we made a quick trip to Cody this afternoon. Honestly, I never thought that we would live somewhere so isolated, but we really love it! Well, Jodie is doing much better. She has a hole in her gum where the wire was and will need to go on antibiotics to help ward off infection. Trust me, she is milking it for all it's worth. Now she just needs to make sure she keeps it clean while the hole heals up. On the plus side, we got to go to Wal-Mart. That's always nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is hard living far from things of convenience, but yet, there is peace in it. We moved to a smaller town, but one stipulation I had was that is HAD to have a Costco! I can only give up so much comfort. How Jodie feels better- nothing worse than mouth pain- I would rather break an arm.
Yes, shopping is an issue here. I supposed I was spoiled living in Eureka, where Costco was 10 minutes away and basically, you could make purchases 24/7. Groceries and what not are more expensive here than Calif., but that's due to isolation. Wouldn't trade it though!
Poor Jodie, I've heard of in grown toenails, but this takes the cake!!
That is crazy about Jodie's wire absess! I hope you spoiled her a little bit since she had an actual problem. ha ha I would love to move somewhere less crowded, but I've gotten used to the convenience of having EVERYTHING close by. It would be hard to give that part up.
Post a Comment