Friday, November 14, 2008

Reason # 495 to dislike old houses

Okay, don't get me wrong.  I actually like my home.  But being paranoid, the old house with old wiring, plumbing, walls, insulation...(I could go on and on) scares me at times.  It's got character, though.  So, we finally got a new door.  About time.  Seriously, really needed a new door.  I get this phone call at work, yes we have people in our house while we are at work.  Have I ever told you how much I LOVE my small town?  So our guy, Scott, calls to tell me the bad news.  While removing the old door he cut through some wires.  Thank God, he wasn't electrocuted.  But he did have to call an electrician.  Bill goes up...  Turns out the room was wired incorrectly and the electrician needs to cut into the wall to figure out what is wrong.  Bill goes up...  Needless to say, I love my new door.  It totally changes the front of the house.  To quote Ben "It make the front of the house not look trashy."  But it is not finished.  Basically our front room is about to be pulled apart and will be pulled apart for a while.  Who puts wires in a door jam!?  I mean really!

7 comments:

Bruce said...

Wait till you have to get into the plumbing.

That Dorn Family! said...

Um...that's all you!

Elizabeth said...

GEE...sounds like you have quite the project ahead of you, but old house do have great character. Just keep telling yourself this as the bill goes UP!!:)

Bruce said...

In your dreams there, Missy!!

Bruce said...

But..... was thinking, if it ain't a flushin', feel free to bless our humble commode with your presence.

That Dorn Family! said...

Can we clog your commode?

Bruce said...

Just bring your own plunger..... and no greasy stuff, we're on septic out here!