Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Weekend Woes
So this past weekend I made a trip to Denver to go to the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting. I left knowing my little girl was not feeling well. She missed school Thursday because she was sick. I couldn't get her in to see the dr. because he was double booked. So, Friday morning came WAY too early. After getting up with Ben and taking him to the ER for abdominal pain and staying up most the night I was really tired. Don't worry, Ben is fine - just one more Encoprisis problem. Rick decided to stay home with Jodie and Ben Friday. Ben felt fine, but was very tired. Jodie was running a 103 temp but the drs office is closed on Friday and he is the only one in town. And off I go to Denver - feeling so guilty for going, but the trip was already paid for and I had no choice. Jodie and I texted all day Friday and she was just feeling horrible. Saturday morning Rick left the kids to go work a forensics meet at the high school. Jodie texts me to tell me that she had taken 3 Advil because she had a 106 temp! What was I to do? I couldn't get a hold of Rick - understandably, so I called my sister. By the time she got Jodie her temp had gone down to 103 and continued to drop. That at least made me feel better. But I continue to get the texts that say "come home" "i miss you" etc... Basically all the ways to make me feel guilty. I finally came home Monday. Jodie stayed home by herself and my mom took her to the dr. That is when she got the Bronchitic diagnosis. She went to school today, but I really wanted her to stay home. She still feels bad, but is so much better. It helps to have meds in her. Right now she is torturing the cat and texting her friends, so she is feeling better. But mean mom that I am, I didn't let her go to swimming tonight. It's only -25 degrees out there and she wants to go swimming. Crazy girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
poor kid, poor mom! There is nothing worse than leaving your kids when they are sick. I am leaving my this weekend and I am so nervous and they aren't even sick! Hope she feels better!
Kids sure seem to be a magnet for fevers.
In my career, I can remember numerous times, where a Mother would dial 911 only when the kid's fever was close to convulsions and seizures. By the time I would get there, the child would be hot to the touch and beat red due to blood rushing to the skin to expel the heat. Immediately, we would have to strip the kid down, have the mother start a cold water bath, throw and hold the kid in the tub, kicking and screaming from cold shock. They would have the Exorcist look, turning they're head 360, wanting to spew vile language at you, but can't due to mom being there. But after a few minutes they were fine and no more fever.
Wow, Bruce. So glad Jodie didn't have the exorcist look. Course next time she gets that sick and I am out of town you are the man I call. Thanks for reminding me about your experience. You can't get out of it now. Bwahahaha!!!! Hey did Faith have the exorcist look when she broke her toe?
Well not quite the exorcist look there Suzanne. There wasn't any supernatural, or possessed demon look. It was more of a red eyed, inflamed appearance and she kept muttering the words "Red rum, Red rum, red rum" with intensity
Well, I know she was out of it for a while because she called to tell me about it 3 times and didn't remember telling me!
Bite me! (this is NOT Bruce, do the math)
If I bite you - you may have the exorcist look again. Too scary!!!!
Post a Comment