Thursday, December 11, 2008

Overdue

Well, I haven't been around in a while, so I thought I would just catch you up with the news.  Thanksgiving was great.  It was so nice to have a long weekend.  But we did get in the habit of staying up late and sleeping late.  We spent Thanksgiving day at my sister's house - that was fun.  There weren't any fights, so it was good.  The next day we did small meal at home.  Fortunately, my family loves me and told me that my cooking was good.  It's so nice that they treat so well.

We have been really busy with Jodie's swimming.  I am so proud of her.  She
began the short season swimming the 50 yd freestyle in 1 min, 20 secs.  She really wasn't even doing freestyle, more like the doggie paddle.  She could swim, but only enough to keep above water.  She ended the season, 4 weeks later swimming the 50 yd free at 45 secs!  It was wonderful to see her improvement.
Now, she is going to join USS swimming and we will spend all out time at the pool.  At least it's nice and warm!

We are looking forward to going to Texas for Christmas.  Hopefully the weather will still stay nice for the drive.  We are coming home in two vehicles since we are taking advantage of a great deal and purchasing and new pickup truck.  I am so excited.  We usually drive everywhere together since we work in the same place.  So really we don't need a second vehicle.  But when it was needed, our other vehicle was a small Dodge Neon.  I felt so small and vulnerable driving that car.  Our van puts us up so high and in the car I am smaller than everyone around me.  After seeing a horrible car accident this summer where the car was destroyed I just haven't felt safe in that car.  


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You will love the truck- I love mine and won't ever go back to a car! Nick has to drive our car because I am such a brat about it. Have fun in Texas- it was a long drive for us, but the girls were good so that was a bonus:)